Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What you need to know.

I don't care about much.
I care about my two daughters, ages 2 and 4. My family. 3 friends.
I care about getting enough sleep.
I care about being financially stable.

Other than that, I could care less.

I am a Christian. I was Born in Buffalo NY, raised Episcopalian moved to the Bible belt of the south and now attend a Baptist church. Not because I believe what Baptist believe, but because it works right now.

I find great amusement in things I most people wouldn't think funny.
I enjoy being sarcastic. It is how I cope with life. Things are easier to handle if you laugh at them. I think people need to stop being so serious. Serious is boring and life is too short to be dramatic.

What bugs me.
It bugs me when people don't mind their business.
You don't have to agree with everything that goes on in this world and you really don't have to be a jerk about it when you don't.
It bugs me when people get on their soap boxes and gripe about other peoples lives and how they are not living up to their expectations of them regardless if they are aware of their existence or not.
You don't agree with gay marriage, don't turn gay and get married.
You don't agree with someones religion, don't practice it.
If you are not a Christian and you don't pray, that is fine. But don't go screaming that my praying offends you. That makes you a jerk.
But what really bugs me is when people use the bible as justification for being a jerk.
oh! and it is even better when people use the bible to tell someone who is not a Christian why they shouldn't be living their lives a certain way.
Telling someone they are going to hell is not the greatest way to get your point across.
I will respect you because you are an adult and capable of living your life the way you want to live it.
If people would just worry about themselves and stop getting all bent out of whack about things people do that has no impact on their lives, this world would be a much more peaceful place. As long as you don't harm myself or the people I care about I don't care who you sleep with, pray to, or vote for.

I voted for McCain. Let me tell you why. There are many reasons, and not just because I think Elizabeth needs some back up.
First, I think that the government does enough. It is not the governments job to make sure you pay your bills. It is your job to get off your butt, get educated and get a job. A job with healthcare. They have those. If you want health care, get a job.
Universal heathcare is not a good thing. There is government supported healthcare for those who are disabled, too old to work, and children who are blessed with parents who don't give them healthcare. That is fine.
But why is it my job to support lazy people who won't work? And before you get all upity with me there, let me assure you that a good 60 percent of my family falls into this lazy category. I love them, but they are fully capable of getting off of their butts and supporting themselves. If they don't want to work, I don't want to give them money. period. Honestly though, they make enough money selling drugs to be able to go buy a insurance plan on their own, but if the state gives you it for free, well, where is the motivation?
It is not my job to support women who make more babies then they can afford to keep.
This whole take money from those who earn it and give it to those who won't thing... paleeze.
Second, One of my best friends did 3 tours in Iraq. Those people are risking and giving their lives for us. The Large majority of them are voting for McCain, because they believe he will give them what they need. I will to support them.
But most importantly I don't trust Obama as far as I can throw him. I have watched him for a while. He is good. He speaks well. He is very crafty. But when I listen to him I don't hear a man. I hear a guy trying to get elected. He has made a career out of this politics thing.
I wish we could get a businessman in the white house.

But I do need you to put your teeth in before you leave the house. I don't care if your mullet sporting daughter told you that you looked fine. You don't. If you don't have teeth, don't leave the house. period.

No comments: